ads 728x90

الاثنين، 30 مايو 2022

'The ultimate sacrifice' | Retired pilots share the true meaning of Memorial Day


Pete Pettigrew is a retired fighter pilot and former Top Gun instructor. He even has ties to the original Top Gun movie. I was asked if I would be the technical advisor for the first Top Gun movie. I met with Tom Cruise and we worked on the screenplay, said Pettigrew. He was a pilot for 34 years and he flew an aircraft during the Vietnam War that was on display on the USS Midway. A lot of my friends aren’t here anymore. I"m 80-years-old. We like to come back, so the next generation can understand what we did and what we still do, said Pettigrew. Pettigrew and 50 other former aviators shared their experiences with visitors on the USS Midway Sunday next to more than 30 restored military aircrafts. Full story on CBS8.com: https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/local/retired-pilots-share-the-meaning-of-memorial-day/509-79688119-329e-4e61-89b7-b63bb5587d1b


(local)(news)

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق